Walk of Hope for ALS goes Virtual
We still want you to gather family and friends and create your team, social distance and join us virtually as we raise funds for ALS research.
Rich Kennedy and Dr. Robert Brown will be live to kick off for the Walk at 11 a.m. Our walkers will leave their locations and walk the 3.2 miles – the same distance as our walk in Wakefield!
Dr. Brown and his research team need our help to move his research to the next level! Let’s Walk and Step up to Cure ALS®
How to register:
Register for the Walk by clicking here. You can join us as an individual, a team leader or as a team member.
We encourage our walkers to fundraise and we make it easy to create a team or individual fundraising page. Just click here and begin to raise funds.
After you register, you create a fundraising page – let your team members join your fundraising page and create their own fundraising page or donate to your page.
We cannot be all together on September 12th but we can still celebrate our walkers who continue to support The Angel Fund
- Donate $100 and receive a custom made Angel Fund mask
- Donate $250 and receive a special water bottle and a custom made Angel Fund mask
- Donate $500 and receive a folding Angel Fund chair, water bottle and a custom made Angel Fund mask
- Donate $1,000 an receive a cooler filled with Harpoon beer, and a custom made Angel Fund mask
- The top five teams to raise the most money will be treated to a pizza party at their walk location.
Are you walking for a loved one?
If your team is walking in honor or memory of a loved one, we would like to honor them as well. Email us a photo (300 kb at least) of who you are walking for and we will send you an 8.5″ x 11″ flyer for you to post at your walk location. If you would like a lawn sign for your team, you may also pick up in Wakefield. You must submit the photo by September 1st.
Call us 1t 781-245-7070 or email us.
Can’t walk but want to donate?
You can make a donation to The Angel Fund by clicking here. You can also donate by sending a check to The Angel Fund for ALS Research, 649 Main Street, Wakefield, MA 01880
Corporate Sponsorships are Available:
- Donate $500 and your corporate logo will be featured on website
- Donate $1000 and your corporate name will be on our website and program
- Donate $2500 and your corporate logo will be mentioned in press releases, placed on our website and in all eblasts.
- Email us to register as a sponsor.
Thank you to Our Sponsors:
June’s Joggers In Memory of June Eisenberg
Face of ALS
The story of Team Tom Colleran and our partnership with The Angel Fund for ALS began sometime in 1998 when Gramps was diagnosed with ALS. While gramps was sick I remembered seeing him in a hospital bed in the living room of his house unable to move his body but always had his big blue eyes on us. It was frightening to see his body shutting down like that while his mind was completely sound. He always tried his best to smile but often just gave us the thumbs up when he could. I remember throughout his disease gramps had his nurse who always had to suction out his mouth and he used a keyboard to communicate. They also had to move him using a big lift. We visited him as a family as
much as we could but every time we saw him he was getting worse. I could not imagine there would be
such a horrible disease that shuts down your entire body from the inside out while your mind remains
sound. Gramps lived like this for about a year until he died on October 14, 1999. We miss him very